Refreshing The Key Competency Areas
Here are the main syllabus areas:
- Opportunity Capture Planning and Scheduling
- Opportunity capture team selection and management
- Review Management
- Customer focused opportunity capture skills
- Gate Decision Management
- Engaging Program Support
- Engaging Bid support
- Drafting the Executive Summary
- Price to Win
- Presentations and Persuasive Communications
- Self Leadership
- Leading Others
- Internal and external stakeholder management
Book your Exam
After reading the guide and taking the practice exam, you will need to schedule a time to sit for the exam. Click here, then on the page that opens find APMP’s Practitioner exam in the left column.
Now through May 31, the cost for the APMP Capture Practitioner-level OTE is 50% off ($325 USD). This limited opportunity is available through May 31, 2020.
There may be an additional cost if you choose to participate in an APMP Capture Practitioner orientation session presented by one of APMP’s recognized Approved Training Organizations. Search the APMP Event Calendar for Capture Practitioner orientation sessions available currently.
- What do I do to get started?
When you have created an account in the APMG Candidate Portal, registered for your exam and clicked ‘Next’ on the Exams page you will be presented with a calendar and a list of time slots. Here you can select a date and time for your exam. Click ‘Schedule Exam’ to book it. If a time slot is greyed out that slot is unavailable. Exam time slots are only available up until the expiry date of your exam.
- What are the ways in which the exam can be taken?
There are a number of ways in which you may take the examination. The choice of way may be yours or that of your employing organization. They are:
- Online examination under the control of a proctor
- Online examination under the control of an invigilator
- Paper-based examination under the control of an invigilator
If you are using a system the does not allow a proctor to connect with your machine, you make approach APMP or APMG to arrange for a suitable local invigilator.
- How do I know if my computer is compatible with the APMG online exam website?
We recommend that you try a sample exam by either clicking ‘Sample Exams’ under further resources in the candidate portal and select a sample exam. If you experience any problems with our sample exams please contact the APMG Technical Helpdesk , who will be able assist you in preparation for your exam.