Showcasing stories of APMP veterans and the brightest bid & proposal minds in planet earth
Today's Guest Is Betsy Blakney
Betsy Blakney, CPP APMP, is an APMP Fellow, past APMP International CEO, COO, Board Secretary, and Eastern Regional Representative, and a former APMP National Capital Area (NCA) President. With 25 years of proposal management experience, Betsy is currentlyDirector of Proposal Operations Support for CACI. Betsy was previously the Director of Proposal Services for UNITECH (acquired by Lockheed Martin), served in the Washington Federal Practice of PricewaterhouseCoopers as a Federal Proposal Manager, and began her proposal management career at Datatrac Information Services, Inc. (acquired by CSC).
An APMP member since 1996, she actively served as an APMP certification mentor, co-authored the APMP Industry Glossary of Terms, and is a frequent conference speaker/panelist.
In this deeply insightful episode we will discuss Betsy’s
- Life and Career
- Entry to Proposal Industry
- 3 things not many people know about her
- Research on reskilling and upskilling bid and professionals in the automated world
- Passion on Coaching
- Role in NCA Chapter
- APMP CEO role and wider APMP Contribution
- Authoring Glossary of Terms
- APMP Certification Journey
- Knowledge Management Certification
- Mom upbringing, sacrifice and how she inspired her career
- People influential in her career
- Advice to bid and proposal professionals
- Next Steps and
Few fun Qs….
In Betsy’s words – She will continue to give back to the community that has embraced her. Get to know the human side of your high achieving multi talented industry expert, Betsy Blakney.
If you're ready to sacrifice who you are, for what you will become, then you will be invited to our show…
Leave a comment, Subscribe and leave a review in Apple Podcast or Spotify, send an email of proof to firstname.lastname@example.org to be entered in a chance of winning Baachu Scribble suit of courses and certifications.
Thank you for listening