Scribble Talk SMA Exclusive
A sponsored series showcasing stories from SMA
Part of 18-24 May 2020, mental health week kindness theme, I shared my kindness stories
SMA is pleased to sponsor Scribble Talk. As one of the top Apple podcasts it delivers valuable knowledge to bid and proposal professionals world-wide. It’s a great source for mentoring and career development, and each episode is so much fun! SMA has been the global leader in capture and proposal services for 38 years.
Ajay Patel, President and Chief Executive, SMA Inc
Scribble Talk SMA Exclusive is our first ever sponsored weekly show produced by Baachu Scribble and hosted by Ashley Kayes and Baskar Sundaram.
I dedicate Scribble Talk SMA Exclusive to these veterans and to their clients.
Listen in and get to know them personally…
Today's Guest Is Amanda Traxler
- Born in LA and raised in Kansas, lived in NYC, Chicago, LA (and now back in Chicago area)–love cities but like to be on the periphery (In Elk Grove Village we have elks)
- Also have an MFA with poetry from the Art Institute of Chicago
- My Career Path started with a Journalism degree -> Newspaper Copy Editor -> B2B Marketing -> Content Creator for Proposal Database -> Commercial Proposal Writing -> Gov’t Program Proposal Writer
- healthcare and software have become mainstays (Fascinated by IO and cloud-native)
- First gig with SMA was in aerospace at Virgin Orbit (Rocket Factory); it was amazing
In this episode we will discuss Amanda’s
- Life and Early Education
- Newspaper copy editing career
- SMA tenure and her wide role
- Healthcare solutions proposal management/writing experience
- People influential in his life and career
- Advice to bid and proposal professionals
Few fun Qs….
Get to know the human side of SMA Inc expert, Amanda Traxler
Since 1982, SMA has been the global leader helping companies be more competitive from market entry, to winning business, to profitable operations. Clients hire us for the expertise and experience of our world-class talent, and the operational strength and insights we bring from 38 years of corporate experience across many industry segments and markets.
SMA’s Talent On Demand (TOD®) digitally enables the professional services activity chain from talent sourcing and project resourcing to delivery. TOD® enables you to capture relevant information to describe the capabilities and past performance of your talent, and ensure they have the right professional characteristics for each required role. For each project, TOD® ensures you:
- Find the right talent for the effort
- Optimize your workforce
- Get the right capabilities
- Rapidly meet your project need
SMA ASSESSMENTS: TEST YOUR PRODUCTS AND PROCESSES AGAINST BEST PRACTICE
SMA provide a range of free, online assessments for you to assess your internal capabilities against best practices:
Assess your implementation and execution of Competitive Assessment/Price-to-Win (CA/PTW) on proposal efforts. The assessment looks for objective evidence that your CA/PTW implementation and execution aligns with industry best practices.
Did you use best practices promoted by the Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) to develop your current proposal? Take our free Proposal Assessment to find out before that next review!
How do your Earned Value Management System (EVMS) implementation and practice score against EIA-748? Take our free online EVMS Assessment and find out!
MAKING WINNING CHOICES
Leave a comment, Subscribe and leave a review in Apple Podcast or Spotify, send an email of proof to firstname.lastname@example.org to be entered in a chance of winning Baachu Scribble suit of courses and certifications.
Thank you for listening